As the Executive Data Planning Director, you will be the champion for connected communication experiences both within the agency and for our clients. The Connections Planning (CP) team are responsible for finding and connecting with our audiences by leading performance marketing, social and CRM projects. They also support the Brand Strategy team in developing channel plans and audience segmentation for holistic marketing strategies and collaborate with the XD team to create truly connected customer experiences.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Champion & increase understanding around the value of data driven CP across AF LDN and clients
- Be a visible thought leader internally and externally
- Act as a trusted advisor with our most senior clients, growing key relationships
- Grow our data-driven communications business by leading relevant organic and new business opportunities
- Build a strong relationship with creative team leadership
- Increase the rigour and quality of AF London’s approach to CP supported by the necessary tools & frameworks
- Collaborate with other practices to uncover and exploit opportunities to add data-driven rigour and thoughtful comms planning to their approach
- Lead development and innovation of CP methods
- Act as a leader and mentor to the CP practice
- Develop the team, ensuring that they have development plans and continue to improve
- Promote collaborative work practices and foster a relationship of trust with other departments
- Help teams to accurately scope projects and to plan complex acquisition and retention projects
- Ensure that the team are billable and working efficiently
- Able to take on and delegate work whilst maintaining a high standard of work
- Act as QA for team’s work, taking responsibility for the quality of all our CP outputs
- Lead and manage the high level acquisition and retention strategy on our most complex projects and important clients
- Understand & orchestrate skills from the wider Strat Services to elevate projects you are leading
- Be able to set ambitious visions for client’s connections programmes. And help to create roadmaps to chart long term progress towards those visions
- Be able to sell our work as an inspiring presenter
- Ensure that work delivers against clients’ goals and that learnings are taken from success & failure
- Learn new skills and stay on top of tech developments, look for opportunities to employ them
Skills & Experience:
- Operated as a high level Media planning or data-driven communications practitioner, with an advanced understanding of current best practice methods and tools; as well as a keen interest in innovations in your field.
- T-Shaped. Curious and knowledgeable about the adjacent worlds of Brands, Experience and Business.
- Experience leading teams on large and complex projects
- A holistic thinker, who can orchestrate with other disciplines such as Brand, Experience Design and Creative.
- Proven ability to deliver thinking that leads to amazing, effective work
- Experience developing insights to unlock knew thinking
- Comfortable acting as a partner to CMOs and senior customer-marketing leaders, presenting persuasively to groups of clients and rallying internal teams around a strategy or idea.
- Experience inspiring a team and nurturing talent
- Naturally collaborative. Preferring to work with different disciplines and iteratively.
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.