AnalogFolk Sydney is looking for a creative Design Thinker with an interest in visual design and UX, as well as human-centred design theories and how this is applied across screen-based UI, voice, and various types of interactions. You are as comfortable delegating tasks as you are on the tools, and will be working closely with our CX Strategy Director, ECD, and creative teams on a variety of briefs.
You’ll have design skills that extend beyond digital into branding, typography, motion, animation, etc. You’ll have extensive experience designing for digital campaigns, digital products, and platforms, with an excellent understanding of the technical possibilities and challenges of digital production as the role will involve design across the whole spectrum of digital work, including websites, apps, social media and platforms we’ve not invented yet. You will have high level agency experience and a portfolio of beautifully crafted, contemporary projects.
In this role, you will promote the value of Design Thinking and Experience Design with our clients. You can demonstrate plenty of previous experience in this field along with appreciating the latest trends in the industry and will be active in sharing thought leadership with the agency and our clients.
If you’re looking for a highly collaborative team where visual design and UX are married, a team that’s enthusiastic about making beautiful things, a strong work/life balance and to work with nice people, you’ve come to the right place.
- Lead and closely mentor the design team, to foster their growth and consistently deliver excellence
- Working with the creative leads daily to deliver industry-leading design, and make remarkable work
- Be the agency thought leader when it comes to all things design, inspiring colleagues, presenting to the agency team and clients, and articulating design ideas and solutions in a compelling way
- Accurately scope projects and provide timings for deliverables, and ensuring we deliver on time and on budget
- Develop ambitious, complex, user experience deliverables for a range of different projects, including some or all of the following: mobile and desktop websites, apps for mobile and tablet devices, for campaigns as well as systems, platforms, products or services
- Direct, create, review and collaborate with our CX Strategist, Creative, and Visual Design teams on overall direction of functionality and designs
- Build UX strategy-based thinking and detail documentation of experience maps, user journeys, personas, storyboards, wireframes, site/app maps and prototypes
- Write and communicate user experience recommendations efficiently and clearly, in documentation and in front of clients and internal stakeholders
- Construct experience languages, and branded design systems
- Efficiently and holistically run QA to validate interaction patterns, user experience, and visual integrity
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a Design / Experience Design position or similar
- Strong branding experience, either designing branding and identity, or adhering to brand and brand systems
- A deep understanding and skill set in interaction design and choreography
- Recognise when to break design rules with good reason, and effectively communicate your rationale
- Display strong presentation and workshop leadership capabilities, with confidence to participate and explain or defend decisions based on user centered design principles
- Use a range of tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Slack, Invision, Marvel, Proto.io, Keynote, Zeplin, Axure, etc.
- The ability to manage time efficiently; working quickly, across multiple projects
- Self-motivation, initiative and an ability to see what needs to be done
- Delegate, motivate, mentor and inspire others; oversee and encourage team members’ career development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to collaborate with all disciplines, especially CX strategy and creative
- An active creative, cultural life
- General awesomeness (and no ego!)
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.