Different projects, technologies, industries have given you extensive experience. At this moment your understanding of technology can go from specific details to overall platforms, full solutions, integrations and your points of view on each involve performance, SEO and security.
You work with a large variety of team members and can manage your way around giving an opinion. Knowledge of UX, strategy and design are under your belt and that helps you shape and make decisions of technology solutions, approaches and you can handle the responsibilities of managing and mentoring less experienced team members.
You will be:
- Leading projects and the expert on your chosen main technology (Front-end/Back-end/Mobile)
- Discovering and explaining to others new technologies
- Able to create plans and help less experienced developers to grow in their knowledge and maturity
- Understanding and making decisions on what technology trends to follow either for just a project or overall department
- Teaching standards and best practices
- Developing close to bug free code
This is technology agnostic and should be the foundation of every great developer at this level.
- Write code that follows best practices, standards and it's done with a component/re-usability mentality. Most importantly it's properly tested/documented and taking into consideration important aspects such as:
- Teach and pro-actively mentor less experienced members on the above
- Lead within the project to make sure that code is production ready (code reviews and approvals for the release process)
- Own or work directly with the tech lead on the code delivery process (via Continuos integration, git or through a third party)
- Anticipate possible problems, expose them, propose solutions and take the lead within the project to make sure risks are highlighted and mitigations are in place
- Work closely with UX/Design/Project management, make decisions and balance technical feasibility, budget and project decisions
- Creates functional specs when needed
- Takes the lead of project overall tasks such as estimation and decisions around technologies to be used
- Monitors project management team to ensure team productivity (such as Jira)
- Start having an impact on the community by either performing or helping less experienced team members on the following:
- Brown Bags
- Code Reviews
- Showing cool stuff
- Finding new libraries and/or frameworks
- Acts as part of the Technology Leadership office team to help showcase the proper attitude towards constant improvement, project collaboration and innovation mentality
- Developing close to bug free code
- Pro-actively lead projects
- Lead conversations with UX/Design/Project Management department in accordance to projects and any relevant AF work
Skills (must haves)
- HTML & CSS (expert)
- CSS Preprocessor (SASS) (advanced)
- git (source tree or similar GUIs) (advanced)
- Familiar with at least one backend language (Java, PHP, .NET, etc)
- Networking (medium)
- Performance analysis (advanced)
Extended Skills (nice to have)
- Build tools (Grunt || Gulp) (advanced)
- Understands Responsive/Adaptive (advanced)
- Familiar with SPAs (Single Page Applications) (advanced)
- Git Flow (expert)
- Design patterns (advanced)
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.