The role of Social Analyst involves helping to communicate our social measurement strategy, driving through our social measurement process and delivering against a varied set of analysis and reporting requirements on behalf of our clients.
Harnessing both structured and unstructured data, and addressing themselves to reporting, analysis and social listening, the Social Analyst will, supported by the Social Insights Director and the Analytics Director, seek out key insights and deliver recommendations in order to add meaningful value to our clients and their businesses. This position is not just about measuring results, but about deriving insight from social performance measurement.
The new Social Analyst will take on some of the responsibility for the agency’s measurement approach to social media, and aim to deliver results, analysis and actionable insights on an ongoing basis.
Working with a number of our clients, they will help with the business of capturing requirements, of understanding objectives and of offering the right reporting solution for each brand and/or brief. It could be a large, listening / research based project, or it might be a quicker, more ad hoc set of data queries, or it might amount to more routine weekly / monthly surfacing of results, trends and actionable insights.
The Social Analyst will be joining a fast developing Strategic Services team, and will work alongside fellow Analysts, Strategists, our Content team and Client Service people in general here at AnalogFolk.
- to analyse and interpret data relating to social activity, to identify insights in respect of consumer behaviour and content performance, and to make actionable recommendations in aid of social strategy and creative work.
- to create dashboards, write reports and deliver presentations to clients that surface results, findings and suggested improvements.
- to liaise with clients, strategists and client service teams to gather requirements, to understand client objectives, to turn these into social KPIs, and to tailor reporting and analysis to actual business needs – particularly in respect of format and frequency.
- to provide some support and/or oversight to the Content team regards any of their, more basic, reporting needs.
- to aid the development of social measurement strategy and to evolve the process of results / analysis delivery.
- to oversee any improvements to tagging / data configuration necessary to support the required levels of insight.
- to capture and analyse what’s being said about our brands , in the context of consumer satisfaction, business opportunity and digital campaign performance; to do this using social listening tools, and to surface learnings from this analysis.
- to act as an evangelist for social analytics, educating both clients and the agency about social media effectiveness / ROI.
Skills and Experience:
- experienced at working in the social analytics space.
- a firm grasp of both social and wider digital metrics.
- some experience and/or a strong aptitude for crafting measurement strategy, setting social KPIs and creating measurement frameworks.
- comfortable working with both structured and unstructured data.
- confident at dashboard creation, and pulling data from different data sources.
- terrific attention to detail, and very high personal standards when it comes to quality, method and rigour.
- possessed of a passion and a curiosity for numbers, online businesses, emerging platforms and social media developments.
- intellectually curious and tech savvy.
- excellent numerical skills.
- brilliant interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- superb written skills.
- great presentational skills.
- ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- comfortable in a client facing role, and able to work in a multi-disciplined agency environment.
- highly motivated, and with a positive “can do” attitude.
- advanced Excel skills.
- native to Facebook Insights;
- experience of, or a strong awareness of Sprinklr and/or other social media management tools.
- experienced at using and getting value out of listening tools (NetBase, Sysymos, Radian6, Brandwatch etc).
- any additional experience working in primary research or web analytics would be extremely useful.
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.