We are looking for a Tech Lead in our New York office who will efficiently deliver creative award-winning technical work for the US region and for our global business, where applicable.
The day to day of this role could vary depending on the type of digital project, platform and client. These projects could be anything from mobile applications, campaign projects, all the way to big site builds, content management systems and e-commerce. This role will include hands-on coding, as well as overseeing a team of developers, either in the US, or remotely.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our Technology, UX, Strategy and Design teams to help build award-winning interactive solutions
- Lead and inspire internal teams, while also working closely with clients
- Work with remote teams, both internally and externally
- Evaluate and define which technologies are appropriate for a particular project
- Work with the production team to accurately scope projects and timelines
- Create technical design documentation and technical specifications
What You’ve Done
- You have at least 5 years of development experience
- You have maintained web applications across multiple devices and platforms
- You have a full understanding of mobile web optimization and accessibility techniques
- You are a technical thinker you is pro-active, enthusiastic and committed to delivering solutions that our clients will love
- You are equally at home with rapid prototyping proof of concepts in lean and agile project delivery approaches as you are defining scalable native and mobile applications
- You’re hands on with your work, coding is your life!
- You’re an approachable enabler and a lover of new technologies and platforms
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate and work across multiple internal and remote teams
- You’ve worked at other agencies, but may be looking for something smaller, or maybe you’re a freelancer looking to find a home with a place that matches your entrepreneurial spirit
- You have experience with the following:
- Version control, delivery and tools: Git (and git-flow); release management (Bamboo, Jenkins or similar); JIRA and Confluence
- Build and bundling tools: Gulp and/or Grunt; Webpack; Package management (npm)
- Backend: PHP (Laravel), Java (Spring MVC), .NET or similar; NodeJS
- HTML & CSS: Templating techniques (abstracting content from markup); Sass or Less; HTML5 mobile APIs (location, cache manifest)
- Mobile application development: React Native; Hybrid app development (Apache Cordova or Titanium Appcelerator)
- Testing and accessibility: Unit testing; performance testing; Accessibility (WCAG 2.0); code reviews (automated and manual)
- DevOps: Experience with AWS and/or Rackspace, etc.
- Extended skills: iOS (Objective-C/Swift) or Android (Java); microservice architecture; Machine learning/AI
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.