Reporting to an Experience Manager (leader), the UX Lead will work in a team comprised of an additional UX Lead, a UX Specialist and three UI Designers. This team is focused on what the customer experience of the future looks like, and a blueprint for digital transformation to achieve it. The purpose of this transformation is to develop solutions which proactively address customer satisfaction. Use data and digital capabilities to design faster and more flexible experiences which are personal and real-time. Ensure simpler, premium experiences via digital channels and enable unrivalled customer experiences.
This role will define and lead the user experience, interactive elements and designs for our clients’ key digital channels. This role is designed for an individual who will champion service design and drive a culture of design thinking to deliver best in class customer experiences for all new digital features and functionality.
This role is a contract role based in Melbourne for 9-11 weeks.
- Embed within the scrum teams to lead design sprints and continuously deliver quality design iterations throughout the lifecycle of an experience
- Implement and govern digital language systems throughout the reinvention, development and continuous improvement
- Transform low fidelity concepts into high fidelity prototypes, functional specifications and designs that consider user requirements, performance and security
- Define the UX & Design direction and lead the UX & Design activities for digital products and services
- Facilitate ideation and design workshops that embed the customer throughout the delivery process
- Collaborate with value stream leads to contribute to the prioritisation process and ensure consistent, integrated brand perception and user experience is delivered throughout digital products
- Engage with product owners to ensure the delivery of quality customer-led experiences and define the product vision
- Drive design decisions that adopt latest standards and best practices for the relevant platforms and ensure adherence to AGL’s experience standards while adapting to new technology
- Lead design sprints and continuously deliver user flows and quality design iterations throughout the lifecycle of an experience
- Create low fidelity concepts into high fidelity prototypes, functional specifications and designs that consider user requirements, performance and security
- Develop of digital UI designs for both web and applications to support the delivery of omni-channel experiences
- Set the design standard and maintain the quality of design at a consistently high level
- Contributing to creative sessions as part of the design team
- Offer UX insights into design solutions
- Plan and coordinate exploratory customer research and user testing
- Provide recommendations and apply researching findings and insights to UX and design solutions
- Implement, govern and update digital language systems (DLS)
- Mentor UX & design team members and lead training to cross-skill colleagues and clients
Skills & Experience
- Champion of customer-led methodology with expertise in user interface design and prototyping
- Proven experience designing and conducting user testing sessions, and using outputs to refine UX, design and product development outcomes
- Demonstrable design thinking and journey mapping qualifications and experience
- Hands-on prototyping and design skills using key software platforms, including Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision and Axure
- Significant experience collaborating with CX and innovation teams to drive user-led outcomes for digital projects
- Understanding and appreciation of core digital channels and capabilities, including web, mobile, social, identity and wearables
- Highly developed knowledge of user experience practice across the digital ecosystem, lean and agile methods, software development and digital channels especially mobile apps
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate design decisions to stakeholders
- Tertiary qualified with formal education across design, psychology, business or technology/IT
- Experience in utilising modern design and delivery methodologies like Agile, Design Thinking
- Exceptional cognitive, written and verbal skills and relationship management expertise
- Track record of delivering outcomes on time and on budget within a complex organisational environment
- High energy levels, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to influence stakeholders professionally and effectively
- An active creative, cultural life
- General awesomeness
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.