You might be an experienced Chief Sub looking for a completely new challenge, or a senior ready for your first step up to the bridge. As guardian of all-round greatness, our Chief Sub-editor will be a vital part of building our team and the editorial discipline. You'll champion a careful, considered way of working. As a senior member of a tight, highly supportive team, you can confidently explain grammar idiosyncrasies and give feedback in an encouraging way, while always being efficient with your time. Your open-minded, flexible personality means that the fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable agency world is an exciting prospect. No two days are the same at AF. As well as being a superlative organiser, you turn weak copy into brilliant copy instinctually because you always have the audience and the brand’s tone of voice at the front of your mind.
- Leading the management and delivery of multiple editorial projects, in collaboration with a dedicated content producer
- Ensuring work is as perfect and as powerful as it should be before it leaves the building
- Setting the benchmark for content standards across the agency
- Creating and updating tone of voice documents
- Collaborating with producers to monitor daily, weekly and longer-term deadlines to ensure deadlines are met, and being the production team’s point of contact for status updates
- Hosting informal workshops for the wider agency to share your skills, knowledge and passion
- Supporting the team leaders to ensure the smooth running of the department and wider activities
Skills & Experience:
- At least three years subbing at a senior level in a busy editorial environment (brand, agency, consumer, B2C, B2B); digital experience an advantage
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines
- A positive, flexible, assertive problem-solving approach
- Cool and calm in any situation
- Passionate about always doing better, and inspiring this thinking in colleagues
- A love of words and visuals; demonstrating this through personal projects is an advantage
- An interest in travel, TV/film or sport
- Culturally aware and always open to learning
We're an innovative creative agency that make and market interactive experiences to create a better analog world. But nothing is more important to us than people, and that's reflected in everything we do.
We're ambitious as an agency, for our clients, and most importantly for our team. We want them to flourish, learn and grow, helping them achieve everything they want.
That's why we can offer clever, creative and enthusiastic people the freedom to experiment, innovate and work in an open and collaborative way in an award winning independent global agency.