As Senior IT Manager, your goal is to deliver best in class IT services to the AnalogFolk network. Working closely with the Office services team, existing IT providers and the Managing Directors, you will provide key support to members of the London office as well as to employees based in USA, Asia and Australia. In this role, you also have the opportunity to keep abreast of the very latest technologies to design and deliver projects based on server virtualisation, networking, storage and cyber security systems. As an experienced engineer, you enjoy helping people with their IT issues, either face-to-face or over the phone / remote desktop sharing. You’ve been involved in hiring new staff for your team, enjoy teaching and mentoring junior members of staff and are now ready for the next step up in your career.
WHAT YOU’LL DO / Roles & Responsibilities
You will be:
- Helping to drive AnalogFolk ongoing IT ambition to be best in class at remote collaboration, mobility and security.
- Onboarding / Offboarding users
- Installing and configuring software
- Managing suppliers (software vendors + IT partners)
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and assisting users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system
- Troubleshooting any reported problems
- System performance tuning
- Performing regular backup operations and routine security monitoring to identify possible intrusions
- Observing strictly the policies of the company (Data / Security / GDPR)
- Management of the company cloud based tools
- Managing the IT budget which includes both hardware and software
- Searching for efficiencies in terms of software programmes, licenses and subscriptions
THE EFFECT YOU’LL HAVE / Measurement & performance
Constantly look for ways to optimise the IT services offering and be proactive in suggesting and scoping changes, in accordance to the companies IT policies.
Support the new business team with requests for information.
Ensure industry and company best practices and security measures are followed at all times.
Attract, build and retain great talent.
Consistently perform well against financial budgets and targets.
Consistently perform well against department and personal billability and utilisation targets.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE / Skills & Experience
- Experience working as 1st and 2nd lines of support
- Assisted users remotely
- Hands on management of servers
- Installation and maintenance of IT hardware
- Worked through office and desk moves
- Firewall switch management
- LAN, VLAN, DMZ and connectivity management
- Managing cloud applications and access (Google, Atlassian, Slack)
- Server virtualisation VMware
- Storage/SAN management
- Server administration (Microsoft server 2012)
- Cyber Security and IT Security experience
- Familiarity with best practices (ITIL, ISO 27001, GDPR)
- Excellent team player
WHO WE ARE / Values & Behaviour
At AnalogFolk we use digital to make the analog world better. That means work that helps people in some way. Instead we strive to create experiences that are remarkable and fundamentally valuable.
Find a Way
Looks for opportunities that arise during times of change.
Is prepared to take risks in the pursuit of excellence. Encourages teams to do the same.
Encourages and inspires others to achieve with own positive attitude. Uses lateral thinking to solve problems.
Encourages teams to work collaboratively with others to achieve the best results.
Takes responsibility for own work and that of their teams, ensuring high quality standards are always met.
Analogfolk opened its doors in March 2008 with the mission of using digital to make the analog world better. For our clients, we create connected brand experiences that help them achieve their ambitions.
It takes a special kind of someone to succeed at AnalogFolk. Work for us means much more than the ideas we have or the products we create, it’s the relationships we build and the environment we create together.
Our culture is vitally important to us and we do everything we can to make AnalogFolk a great place to work. We are an independent agency that cultivate an equal, inclusive culture that values, respects, and celebrates difference, but is united by a common purpose.
We are ambitious for the agency, our clients and our Folk. We want you to flourish here. As one of our Folk, we expect you to learn and grow while you’re with us, and we want to help you achieve your ambitions