Head of Folk Development & Experience (HR)
AnalogFolk is a global digital creative agency, independently owned since 2008. Our mission is to use digital technology to make the analog world better – creating more intuitive customer journeys, enabling more customer-led uses of data, integrating seamless tech and building breakthrough campaigns.
We have offices in Amsterdam, London, New York, Portland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney, partnering with brands including Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Hyundai, Michelob Ultra, Maybelline and Unilever. Winner of Campaign’s Global Digital Innovation Agency of the Year 2019
We are looking for an interim Head of Folk Development & Experience for AFG to cover the role for a 14-month maternity contract starting in September 2022.
As interim Head of Folk Development & Experience for AFG (Europe remit), you will lead and oversee the human resources, talent, training & development and culture functions to create and maintain the best Folk experience. Being a key member of the London ExCo team, you will strategically partner with London Leaders, Managing Directors from AFG brands, and Global leadership to drive a high performing and inclusive culture.
This role reports to the UK Managing Director with key stakeholders including the Global CEO & CFO, and all MDs across the AFG European division - AnalogFolk London, AnalogFolk Amsterdam, Untold Fable, WithRobots (the UK and Costa Rica), MindWorks and the Global team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO / Roles & Responsibilities
- Successfully develop, implement and communicate a valued and strategic HR agenda, developing and leading HR projects in line with AFG requirements.
- Constantly monitors agency performance to ascertain whether any HR action is required, and looks for ways to improve the HR offering to the agency.
- Manages and leads all areas of HR Operations, ensuring improvements to processes are made to aid efficiency.
- Advises and manages workplace change management projects such as remote working and hybrid working.
- Ensures Company is adhering to all regulations and is a key point of contact to drive any innovation or change required.
- Advises and leads on business acquisitions and mergers for any employee-related items ensuring the processes and procedures are managed effectively.
- Develops and manages the UK talent function, ensuring AFG continues to hire and retain top talent.
- Lead, develop and inspire the London HR and Talent/Recruitment team to develop and implement a world-class HR and Talent programme.
- Embraces change and ensures it is managed in a manner that minimises negative effects on employees, clients and the agency as a whole.
- Effectively measures HR activity across the agency, presenting relevant data and analysis to the senior management team to support recommendations in approach.
- Resolves complex management issues covering all aspects of ER.
- Develops and communicates a fair incentive and reward framework to drive engagement and retention.
- Regularly reviews this framework to ensure it suits both the agency and employees.
- Develops and manages an ongoing engagement programme that focuses on Folk retention.
- Sits on the North Star global council leading a number of global initiatives each year and supporting other council members rolling out their projects.
- Advise and support the Global CEO and Global CFO on Folk related matters as the most senior HR person in the network. This role however, does not have responsibility for the folk experience of the other AF offices (other than London and AMS).
- Owns and manages all HR and Folk related budgets.
- This role owns and leads the AF Academy calendar, developing training partnerships, training courses, and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Works with the senior management team to identify development needs and ensure effective solutions are provided in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures a tailored and valued AF Academy curriculum across all areas of the agency to drive performance.
- Fosters coaching and mentoring based culture.
- Develops a programme focused on top talent, to drive performance, aid succession and increase retention.
- Champions a world-class induction programme to drive performance.
- Reviews feedback regularly and is responsible for the preferred supplier lists for training opportunities.
- Manages and leads the Talent team, ensuring they effectively oversee the end-to-end recruitment process.
- Meets current and future recruitment needs by overseeing the innovative, best practice talent policies, procedures and processes.
- Manages and develops a strong talent team that exceeds expectations and adds value.
- Ensures AnalogFolk brand is successfully promoted in the marketplace.
Office and Culture:
- Line managers the Senior Office and Culture Manager and the team's output.
- Is responsible for ensuring Folk has the best experience in the office for a workplace, any events we host and cultivating a culture that Folk want to be a part of.
- Is the escalation point of contact for any office related issues.
- Oversees the Office Projects to ensure timely and cost-effective improvements are made
WHAT YOU’VE DONE / Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of leading successful people management initiatives and introducing organisational, procedural, and cultural changes. Ability to establish a position of trust with senior leaders, providing support and advice that improves team and individual performance.
- Experience of delivering change at pace, focusing leaders on talent initiatives, development and retention. Ability to build strong, trusting partnerships both internally and externally (e.g. with senior management team, hiring managers, candidates and external recruiters).
- Previous experience of operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment, where clear structure and process may not be apparent.
- A high degree of intelligence and a passion for Talent Management as a whole.
- Ability to deal with a high workload and conflicting demands.
- Up to date on UK employment law, with exceptional knowledge of ER. CIPD qualification preferred.
- Experience of working in a creative environment would be beneficial.
WHO WE ARE / Values & Behaviour
At AnalogFolk we use digital to make the analog world better. Our focus in London is to help brands grow through digital experiences that people want to connect with.
We respect each other and work collaboratively to create the best work for our clients. Our values are as follows:
Stay Restless - Always strive for better to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Expect Remarkable - Go beyond the expected to create something worthy of remark. Accept nothing less.
Make Change - In everything you do, find a way to make a positive impact.
Do Good - Don’t talk about ideas that create progress. Make them. If something isn’t working, be the agent of change.
Be You - Bring all of yourself and make this place your own. In return, welcome all others.
How We Work:
We are redesigning our office to be a collaborative work space and will implement a phased return to the office with a 2:3 remote / office model being our future set up. Right now, our Folks continue to work remotely with the office open if they need to use it and we have invited local start up’s into our office space to support them during this time.
We embrace flexible working and we believe individuals can manage their own time and focus on how they work best. To avoid meeting fatigue and give Folks a break from screens where possible we have a ‘Meeting-Free’ lock of time between 12-2pm every day. During this period of time, no internal meetings should take place and we encourage people to get outside, have lunch, do focused work or prepare for afternoon meetings.
Click here to read more about our company North Star and our ambition to be an agency of change.
We welcome applications from all identities and walks of life. We can’t wait to hear from you!