Senior Account Director
We have a fast-growing portfolio of brands within a large multinational consumer company, for which we are the lead strategic partner for defining and activating brand purpose. The Senior Account Director role would involve leading a number of the relationships with these brands, overseeing a programme of work and supporting the Associate Client Partner to lead the growth of the account. Work ranges from brand strategy to digital activation to product and service design and ecosystem development, anchored around a strategic focus of brand purpose and sustainability. This role will also help lead and manage relationships and projects with one of our fastest growing clients. Work spans several brands and includes developing creative brand platforms, D2C strategies and digital campaigns. Working in tandem with our strategic and creative leads for the client and helping to grow our relationship in size and scale, as well as stature.
- Leadership of a high functioning cross-disciplinary team of specialists within your portfolio (set and deliver against vision, provide direction and navigate the team to achieve creative and commercial success).
- You will work with Heads of Departments to ensure we are performing to an outstanding quality level and continue to produce work that is effective and award winning.
- Exhibiting a high degree of independence, gravitas and autonomy in decision-making. Leadership of business plans that drive strategic growth, commercial growth and relationship longevity.
- Ensure creative excellence is achieved through every brief. Champion creative ideas and influence client’s perceptions of creative work that delivers tangible and measurable ROI value for their business.
- Strategically assessing the value we add to our clients and the role we play on a long term basis, including identifying opportunities to expand the relationship to new stakeholders and cross-sell agency capabilities to drive organic growth.
- Building trusted and highly respected relationships with senior clients and agency Folk alike.
- Working in collaboration with the Client Partner/Managing Partner to deliver and progress the business ambition of the Marketing portfolio.
- Leading the agency ambition in delivering innovative, award-winning, digital brand and campaign experiences.
- Extensive experience working within a top digital or integrated agency in an equivalent role.
- Experience in delivering best in-class digital experiences that have proven ROI for clients
- A love of leading and building effective and energetic teams, unlocking potential in people and ensuring motivation and morale is consistently high.- A passion for high-paced, fun and challenging accounts with incredible creative opportunity.
- Always solutions focussed, championing and fostering innovative ways of solving problems.
- A zest for creative excellence.- Proven award-winning marketing for clients. Highly motivated, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with large, matrixed global organisations.
- A breadth of experience across different digital projects, from brand comms to product and service design.
$50 / month smartphone allowance
Early Finish Fridays
Wellbeing program #WellAF
$52 / month ClassPass membership for exercise classes
3 x Mental Health Days each yearEmployee Assistance Program (EAP) phone counselling
Flexible working arrangementsPet friendly officeProfit share (after 6 months of employment), currently set to a share in 20% of total business profits after tax, subject to targets being met
Peer-to-peer micro bonuses through Bonusly
Additional week of annual leave after 5 years
Founded in 2008, we’re a global creative agency with offices in London, Sydney, New York, Portland and Hong Kong. Our mission is to ‘use digital to make the analog world better’, a mission which sees us working with progressive consumer facing brands, to provide innovative creative solutions. Our clients include Afterpay, Rekorderlig, Curtin University, Palmer's Cocoa Butter, TAL and many more. AnalogFolk is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply. Our global ambition is to be an impactful agency of change for people, brands and society in pursuit of a better world - and we champion this in our hiring process and leadership of our team through a commitment to diversity & inclusion. All staff at AnalogFolk are required to complete allyship training, and we have recently launched our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan which outlines our committed actions towards reconciliation with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities.