Senior UI/UX Designer
AnalogFolk is a global digital creative agency, independently owned since 2008. Our mission is to use digital technology to make the analog world better – creating more intuitive customer journeys, enabling more customer-led uses of data, integrating seamless tech and building breakthrough campaigns.
We have offices in Amsterdam, London, New York, Portland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney, partnering with brands including HSBC, Nike, Serai, Livi and Tommy Hilfiger. Winner of Campaign’s Global Digital Innovation Agency of the Year 2019, and Independent Agency of the Year, Greater China in 2020.
The Senior UX Designer plays a vital role within the User Experience team at AnalogFolk, leading the development of the user experience across projects for their designated accounts, ensuring quality experiences that are engaging and accessible.
They are responsible for defining the user experience approach and effort on account projects, as well as developing the resulting user experience solutions and overseeing junior UX staff allocated to work alongside them.
The Senior UX Designer will work with the Creative UX Director to grow the discipline and ensure continued understanding of UX within the agency.
- Build and foster relationships with designated clients, ensuring their understanding of the role of User Experience.
- Work with Account and Production team to enhance quality, productivity, and profitability of designated account.
- Participate in workshops alongside Strategy helping to define user needs and gather clients’ requirements and input to prioritisation of functionality and content necessary to address the client and user needs.
- Collaborate with multidiscipline team members including design, copy and tech to concept creative solutions to address the client and user needs.
- Create written and visual documentation outlining user experience requirements for client and internal teams, including user journeys, site maps, user-flows, wireframes, functional specifications and prototypes.
- Communicate user requirements to clients and internal team.
- Work with Account & Production team to define the user experience approach and timings for account projects and ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget.
- Validate assumptions by conducting user testing where appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date with user experience trends and share this knowledge with the team.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 4 years previous experience in a User Experience role.
- Experience overseeing more junior team members.
- Proven experience of developing User Experience deliverables for a range of projects from discrete Campaigns and apps through to large-scale ongoing platform projects.
- Extensive proven knowledge of user-centred design methodologies and tools.
- Extensive proven knowledge of user experience visualization and prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle.
- Ability to define and employ user-centred methodology definition on small to large-scale projects.
- Ability to accurately provide timings for deliverables.
- Hands-on ability to visualise and document User Experience concepts and detailed specifications.
- Excellent written and oral client-facing communication skills with the ability to communicate user experience recommendations in a clear concise manner.
Stay Restless - Always strive for better to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Expect Remarkable - Go beyond the expected to create something worthy of remark. Accept nothing less.
Make Change - In everything you do, find a way to make a positive impact.
Do Good - Don’t talk about ideas that create progress. Make them. If something isn’t working, be the agent of change.
Be You - Bring all of yourself and make this place your own. In return, welcome all of others.
How We Work:
As we are operating a temporary remote working model, we set up your home working environment like you are in the office and make sure you get the AF experience from day one, but from your home. Working remotely means we can embrace flexible working and we believe individuals can manage their own time and work, depending on their personal situations. As long as our work is delivered on time and to our high standards, we don’t mind how employees work.