Global Financial Controller
AnalogFolk is a global digital creative agency, independently owned since 2008. Our mission is to use digital technology to make the analog world better – creating more intuitive customer journeys, enabling more customer-led uses of data, integrating seamless tech and building breakthrough campaigns.
We have offices in Amsterdam, London, New York, Portland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney, partnering with brands including Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Hyundai, Michelob Ultra, Maybelline and Unilever. Winner of Campaign’s Global Digital Innovation Agency of the Year 2019
Global Financial Controller
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The Global Financial Controller will assume overall responsibility for the day-to-day effective and efficient running of the Finance department in London.
This role encompasses meeting deadlines for statutory and tax filings, monthly management accounts and line management. There may also be additional ad-hoc projects to be completed from time to time.
The Global Financial Controller will be responsible for ensuring a standard approach/alignment and documentation for all AnalogFolk Group operations.
- Regular tasksMaintain efficient month end close to meet AFG reporting deadlines
- Agree and define standard ways of working across AFG Finance Department
- Ensure team produce timely and accurate financial and operational reporting information by which the business can be managed effectively
- Review the month-end file and proactively seek to improve reporting and metrics
- Establish monthly reviews with CFO and Management Accountants ahead of submission to the CEO/BoardOwnership of Global accounts consolidation & reporting
- Oversee inter-company reconciliation of loans, debtors & creditors within the Group
- Cash reporting and forecasting overview to ensure cash is managed effectively
- Educate non-financial staff to help improve the financial performance of the business
- Manage completion of audited statutory annual accounts in a timely and professional manner to the highest standard
- Ensure compliance with local law and regulations and AFG policies
- Ownership of annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting across AFG offices including department budgets and reporting
- Key contact for WorkBook
- Work with the CFO to develop the strategy and long-term plan for the finance function
- Establish regular updates with CFO to ensure any issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Actively contribute to improving profitability and efficiency of the business
- Line management including regular review meetings, performance management and career development
- Ensure that the teams can move between locations for cover and so that best practice can be adhered to
- Identify team development needs. Prioritise development and training needs based on business objectives and individual’s risk of attrition.
- Ensure that direct reports’ morale is high and they are happy at AFG
Skills and experience
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ideally, gained through audit experience) with prior experience in the marketing / advertising industry in a management / team leadership role
- Professional excellence: advanced written and verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail; high level of numeracy
- Mentoring – supports and encourages team members to manage their own learning in order that they maximise their potential, develop their skills and improve their performance as part of an ongoing process.
- Business partnering – develops an in-depth knowledge of AFG service offering enabling you to partner with sections of the business to help improve delivery and overall performance
- Cash management, budgeting & forecasting experience
A strong sense of commercial awareness People and team managementExcellent business partnering skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Demonstrates the AFG values
- Commercial awareness
- Auditing skills
- Payroll and tax knowledge
- Business modelling
- Stakeholder management
- Line management
- Operational co-ordination
- Team development and training
- Profitability management
- Thinks Strategically - identifies key business opportunities and challenges
- Drives Results - holds self and others accountable to high performance standards
- Builds Teams - proactively addresses performance issues and takes appropriate action
- Exhibits Professional Excellence - sets a good example to others
- Builds Relationships - facilitates win-win situations-
- Communicates Effectively - tailors’ messages appropriately to audience
- Champions change - supports new initiatives
Our Core Values:
How We Work:
We have evolved our ways of working over the last few years and believe that there are moments where we benefit from working in the office together and moments where we benefit from working remotely. We ask all Folk to opt-in and work from the office two days a week across Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and work remotely on Mondays and Fridays. This current hybrid set-up is temporary until the end of the year when we will review what works for our employees and for our clients.
Click here to read more about our company North Star and our ambition to be an agency of change.
We welcome applications from all identities and walks of life. We can’t wait to hear from you!