Project Manager - Mindworks
MindWorks Consulting is a global behavioural transformation consultancy, delivering improved business outcomes through applying behavioural economics to both marketing strategy and organisational design.
We embed behavioural change at the heart of business to allow them to be nimble and reactive to changing business and customer needs.
As a Senior Project Manager, it will be your responsibility to lead and deliver complex, end-to-end, full cycle client projects, or multiple projects from inception and requirements definition through to delivery. You are the champion of delivery within the team, finding creative solutions to operational problems and ensuring that every delivery is successful.
You will be client facing, collaborating with internal teams, third parties and clients. Ensuring teamwork between all parties to successfully deliver quality projects. Working closely with your Agency and Client Service Leads you will champion Delivery to ensure we find creative solutions to projects and ensure that timings and budgets are achievable, within our teams, and meet the client expectation.
You will need to have an excellent understanding of best- practices and methodology in a broad range of projects, ranging from Strategic product positioning, to behaviour led audience & experience strategies and service design and build, finding the most effective ways of working to ensure quality of work is never compromised. You will need to love solving problems, inspire adaptability and have an outstanding can-do attitude as we deliver new types of projects and services with our clients. You will also apply this problem solving approach to the definition of operational processes and workflows to support client deliverables and processes.
You will own and develop trusted client relationships during the project life-cycle, empowering internal teams to take well mitigated risks and build fantastic partnerships with internal teams and third parties.
You will work with the wider teams and help lead a culture of knowledge sharing, you will manage upwards on the commercial performance of your projects and become a leading voice in your portfolio to ensure we are finding the most effective and sustainable way to deliver projects on time and on budget.
WHAT YOU’LL DO / Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for scoping and estimation with your project teams. You will ensure all requirements have been carefully considered and prioritised, risks have been mitigated against and there is clear project documentation (SoW, Budget, Project Plan).
- You will manage a cross functional project team to ensure we are delivering to an excellent quality level and continue to produce work that is effective and award winning.
- You will display a very good understanding of project methodologies and implement best practice across a full range of projects.
- You will be adaptable, with a willingness to flex, learn and problem solve (no matter the challenge) as AF develop new and sustainable ways of working against a broad range of projects. In support of your CS Team you will asses new briefs to ensure they meet the business need, validate the commercial viability and help suggest the delivery approach / methodology accordingly.
- You will help lead and manage the operational infrastructure for your portfolio.
- You will demonstrate control to clients and internal stakeholders through robust financial tracking (recovery rate and revenue forecasting), effectively manage change requests / scope creep, develop status and risk documentation templates and team resourcing within our project tracking system.
- You will define and implement workflow and processes which support client goals and enable them to deliver against their business objectives.
- You will be a trusted and respected partner to our clients.
- You will add value throughout the project lifecycle by continuing to problem solve and demonstrating a strong level of control and production knowledge to drive creative solutions and maintain excellent client satisfaction rates.
- You will drive successful team collaboration and bring together multiple specialist disciplines.
- You will actively manage communication tools across your portfolio and mediate against any conflict to ensure productive morale and clear direction on the common objective.
- You will need to demonstrate leadership and an entrepreneurial approach that develops new client opportunities and exhibits a high degree of independence and autonomy in decision-making. Work with the wider teams to continue to evolve and challenge our delivery processes to ensure we are optimised for progressive delivery partnerships with our clients.
THE EFFECT YOU’LL HAVE / Measurement & performance
- You manage projects or programmes to less than a 10% variance from the agreed estimate.
- Creating efficiencies for the client side teams in the processes and workflows where you provide support.
- Outstanding 360 feedback from clients and the Mindworks leadership team.
- Inspire team morale and retention for your portfolio.
- Clear and transparent resourcing and project delivery plans from the beginning of your project until the final delivery.
- Strong financial tracking and advance overrun mitigationAchieves personal billability and utilisation targets.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE / Skills & Experience
- Examples of having delivered a range of projects with a value of £150K -£500k+ including data and behavioural led strategies, data and/or behavioural led experience design, innovation, web/app development, content production, operating model definition and strategic development.
- 6 years+ experience working within a top global digital agency or digital communications agency in a production or project management (or equivalent) role.A track record of problem solving and a can-do solution attitude. Highly motivated, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- Strong ethos to deliver innovative solutions that have the client’s needs at the heart.
- Highly articulate communication skills (verbal and written) and excellent presentation skills. Ability to communicate with authority, good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Understanding of processes, workflows, tools and methodologies.
- Management of multidisciplinary teams: Strategy, UX, Creative, Editorial, Design, Data, Technology and QA.
- Passion for cutting edge Strategy and innovation.
We have evolved our ways of working over the last few years and believe that there are moments where we benefit from working in the office together and moments where we benefit from working remotely. We ask all to opt-in and work from the office two days a week across Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.