AnalogFolk is a global digital creative agency, independently owned since 2008. Our mission is to use digital technology to make the analog world better – creating more intuitive customer journeys, enabling more customer-led uses of data, integrating seamless tech and building breakthrough campaigns.
We have offices in Amsterdam, London, New York, Portland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney, partnering with brands including Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Hyundai, Michelob Ultra, Maybelline and Unilever. Winner of Campaign’s Global Digital Innovation Agency of the Year 2019
Purpose of Role/ Overview:
As Executive Producer, the purpose of your role will be to lead the EMEA arm of the business from a creative and a production perspective. Creatively your reemit will be to drive what content we create for our clients and the producers/ directors we use from our network to develop it. Our projects cover a broad range of formats and often involve multiple deliverables, international filming, challenging budgets and schedules. You will also help support in scoping out new business enquiries and pitches, developing ideas, providing creative solutions to briefs, and writing executional proposals.
- Lead the conceptualisation and development of content/ formats for both audio and video opportunities. These formats will be a mixture of originals and branded. Therefore, key skills required are: A) Conceptualise, communicate and present exciting new video & audio ideas across a variety of potential clients and themes B) being able to creatively guide projects ensuring visual excellence and narratives are engaging & strategically sound
- Lead the curation and development of the network of producers and directors ensuring that the best directors and producers are being put forward
- Lead the production team in EMEA. This will involve building out a complementary team of producers that suit the nature of the incoming projects
- Whilst the production team is being established alongside the growth of the business you will be expected to assist with scoping out briefs, preparing workable budget breakdowns and timelines
- Sourcing appropriate talent to pitch on client briefs, production planning and assembling the right teams on commissioned projects
- Be responsible for the profitability of all EMEA projects, ensuring all are produced to the reagreed profit margin
- Have a keen visual eye and strong knack for storytelling in order to act as the gatekeeper for quality control across all output produced in EMEA ensuring all projects are produced at the highest possible spec
- Assist the company to secure new business by designing content concepts and/ or working with the Editor & Chief to produce strategic submissions to client RFPs
- Form trusting relationships with key clients, offering education and advice regarding best in class creative, to establish trust and produce the best possible video products
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience building, managing and shaping production teams
- Experience writing treatments/ creative concepts in response to client briefs
- Experience in producing big budgets (£1m+) and smaller budgets (under 100k). Within the latter, experience in producing work with partners outside of the traditional production company model
- Experience producing varied forms of video content, with a ideally minimum of 10 years in an agency, production company or similar environment
- Experience scoping out briefs, assembling creative teams and crews and preparing budgets and production schedules
- Experience in a client facing role
- Documentary and branded content/ TV commercial experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confidence negotiating with suppliers with a positive collaborative approach
- Calm, yet assertive, you approach problems with a positive solution-orientated attitude
- Someone that fits in a very ‘can do’ and solutions orientated team
- Culturally aware of current industry trends and forecasts, with a love of video content
- Commercial acumen and entrepreneurial thinking and be excited by our model
- Audio experience will be considered a bonus but not a must have
How We Work:
How We Work: The office is currently open three days a week Tuesday to Thursday if Folks want to work from there. There is no pressure for Folks to work from the office and we only ask Folks to use the office if it is essential for their work, they feel safe, and they want to work from there.
As we are operating a temporary remote working model, we set up your home working environment like you are in the office and make sure you get the AF experience from day one, but from your home. Working remotely means we can embrace flexible working and we believe individuals can manage their own time and work, depending on their personal situations. As long as our work is delivered on time and to our high standards, we don’t mind how employees work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and this is reflected in our diversity numbers. The gender split is 51% to 49% male to female employees, with 34% of our leadership team are people of colour. We still have work to do but are proud of what we have achieved so far. Our global targets are 50% females and 25% POC in our leadership team across the agency by 2023.