Creative Agency Designed for Modern Business, seeks
Modern Art Director.
Mid-weight to Senior Art Director wanted, who has a passion for developing world-class ideas in a creative agency designed for modern business.
With energy, good humour and relaxed enthusiasm, you’ll have the ability to flex and work with different copywriters / designers / planners and UX people, depending on shape, scope and nature of the project.
A passion for ideas, a hunger to win creative and effectiveness awards, along with the ability to present with confidence in order to realise both your creative ambitions and the greater business goals are key.
What you’ll bring:
• An understanding that art direction is ultimately about moving people, not just pixels.
• You’ll think big, sticky ideas that stretch across channel and platform.
• A wide range of design, visual and creative capabilities; very good taste.
• Know how to bring words and ideas to life through slick, curated typography, images and keynote.
• Possess a true knowledge of social, digital platforms and how they work; know how to surprise, innovate and create on these platforms, familiar with how consumers and influencers use them.
• The skill and passion for creating brilliant TV and online films, scripts, end frames and the like; how those mediums connect to social, websites and the greater comms mix.
• The ability to be ‘on the tools’ as required in a modern creative agency to create slick looking conceptual mockups. It can’t and won’t always fall to a designer alone, especially at concept stage.
• The desire to work among the very best in this business; both now and in the future on the path to a brilliant and famous creative career.
• You’ll operate in the knowledge that the best idea is always boss. That means being a team player - so spotting and getting behind great ideas, whoever comes up with them, is what counts.
• You’ll understand the distinction between a good idea and a great idea. Naturally, that means being deeply familiar with the world’s most awarded work and case studies.
• Ability to mentor others and work with designers to bring ideas to life.
• Know how to create slick ‘Award Boards’ and create / supervise case study videos.
• All the usual art director-y things expected in a brilliant, modern, hungry, creative agency.
• A desire to use digital to make the real world better.
• A strong work ethic, hunger to learn.
• Sense of humour.
• Report directly to the Executive Creative Director.
• Work collaboratively, harmoniously and intuitively with copywriters, designers, social editors, planners, account team, developers, production partners and more.
• Nurture designers on craft and excellence in design execution, mentor others.
Skills, attributes and qualifications:
• Minimum of 4-5 years experience as an Art Director for advertising/marketing agencies.
• Ideally, Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree in commercial arts or communications.
• AWARD School or similar desired.
• Awarded at shows such as AWARD, Effies, D&AD, Webbies, One Show, Caples, Cannes, Clios etc.
We require valid Australian working rights for 12 months minimum.
AnalogFolk is a global creative agency, independently owned since 2008. Our mission is to use digital technology to make the analog world better – creating more innovative & modern marketing on behalf of our clients, whether that's breakthrough campaigns, world first social ideas, delightful customer journeys, magical data driven experiences, or adding humanity to technology.
Our ambition is to be an impactful agency of change for people, brands and society in pursuit of a better world.
We have offices in Sydney, Amsterdam, London, New York, Portland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Singapore, partnering with brands including Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Hyundai, Rekorderlig, TAL, Hort Innovation and Curtin University. Winner of Campaign’s Global Digital Innovation Agency of the Year 2019.
Stay Restless - Always strive for better to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Expect Remarkable - Go beyond the expected to create something worthy of remark. Accept nothing less.
Make Change - In everything you do, find a way to make a positive impact.
Do Good - Don’t talk about ideas that create progress. Make them. If something isn’t working, be the agent of change.
Be You - Bring all of yourself and make this place your own. In return, welcome all of others.