Editor - Untold Fable
Who We Are
Untold Fable is a global content production company challenging the way things are done to change them for the better. It’s not an easy road, but we’re not here for that. We’re here to make diversity in our industry the norm, not the exception; we’re here to work in completely new ways and to show how purpose and commercial success go hand in hand. This mission, coupled with our creative and production expertise, has cemented relationships with the world’s biggest brands, from Nike and Meta to Stella Artois and Bumble. Our varied projects will immerse you in diverse and fascinating subjects. So far we’ve delved into fitness, female health, film, finance, food, dating, education, music, alcohol.
Everything we want for our industry is reflected in Untold Fable itself. We support and champion each other internally as much as the production talent we commission. We foster an empowered culture where different people and perspectives can thrive at every stage of their careers; open minds are welcome, egos are not. We operate a hybrid, flexible working model, coming together in our amazing office in Clerkenwell, London, 1-3 days per week.
You have a passion and a talent for bringing stories to life on screen. You are a dynamic short-form editor, who is well versed with social first branded content. You are up to date with the latest editing technology and trends across all social platforms.
You can take a creative edit brief and run with it independently, but you are also happy to work collaboratively when required. You will work into the Head of Production and work closely with UF’s team of Producers.
You are organised and adept at managing your own time: you are great at communicating and managing expectations around timelines and delivery deadlines.
You will ensure that we deliver the best quality output at all times. You are able to advise on creative edit solutions that work within budget.
- Post-production work across a range of assets, including offline editing, colour correction, audio levelling, simple motion GFX, onlining, revisioning for various aspect ratios, subtitling.
- Maintaining a good, up-to-date knowledge of editing trends across social output.
- Working collaboratively with the production and creative teams, advising on post-prodution timelines and workflows.
- Occasionally attending shoots and acting as DIT on set.
- Up-skilling (when schedule allows) through research and tutorials.
- Championing UF’s diverse network of talent, with direct involvement in shortlisting freelance post-production roles when required.
- Has a minimum of 3 years experience as a professional Editor.
- Is proficient with Adobe Premiere. Good knowledge of After Effects is advantageous.
- Has a good up to date knowledge of shooting formats and post-production workflows.
- Has a wealth of experience delivering short-form content, particularly social first branded content.
- Has a good understanding of appropriate editing styles for different genres of output: influencer led, documentary, scripted etc.
- Has an understanding of the ways in which different post production processes impact budgets.
- Has a commitment to our diversity mission, and a desire to work with talent that you haven’t worked with before.
Working at Untold Fable
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing coaching
- Referral scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Pension contribution scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dependency leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Medical insurance
The recruitment process
1) Submit a copy of your CV, Cover Letter and relevant examples of work
2) A video interview with Head of Production and a member of the team, with a task for the next stage
3) A face-to-face interview with the CEO and Head of Production, task presentation