Lead UX Designer
AnalogFolk is a global digital creative agency, independently owned since 2008. Our mission is to use digital technology to make the analog world better – creating more intuitive customer journeys, enabling more customer-led uses of data, integrating seamless tech and building breakthrough campaigns.
We have offices in Amsterdam, London, New York, Portland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney, partnering with brands including HSBC, Nike, Serai, Livi and Tommy Hilfiger. Winner of Campaign’s Global Digital Innovation Agency of the Year 2019, and Independent Agency of the Year, Greater China in 2020.
The Lead UX Designer plays a vital role within the User Experience team at AnalogFolk, leading the development of the user experience across projects for their designated accounts, ensuring quality experiences that are engaging and accessible.
They are responsible for defining the user experience approach and effort on account projects, as well as developing the resulting user experience solutions and overseeing junior UX staff allocated to work alongside them.
As part of their role, they will have the ability to work through Discovery phases of client engagements (researching understanding brand, business, customer and competitor/comparator) to then conduct service design/journey planning before designing the customer experience, working closely with UI specialists and technologists.
The Lead UX Designer will work with the Executive Creative Director to grow the discipline and ensure continued understanding of User Experience within the agency.
Your key responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities for the Lead UX Designer role include:
· Ability to operate with global and regional C-Level clients
· Build and foster relationships with designated clients, ensuring their understanding of the role of User Experience.
· Work with Client Service and Production team to enhance quality, productivity, and profitability of designated account.
· Be able to design, lead and participate in workshops, helping to define user needs and gather clients’ requirements and input to prioritisation of functionality and content necessary to address the client and user needs.
· Be able to write scripts for – and moderate – primary research groups (e.g. depth interviews and focus groups in relation to user tests)
· Collaborate with multidiscipline team members including design, copy and tech to design experience solutions to address the client and user needs.
· Create written and visual documentation outlining user experience requirements for client and internal teams, including user journeys, site maps, user-flows, wireframes, functional specifications and prototypes.
· Communicate user requirements to clients and internal team.
· Work with Client Services & Production team to define the user experience approach and timings for account projects and ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget.
· Validate assumptions by conducting user testing where appropriate.
· Keep up-to-date with user experience trends and share this knowledge with the team.
Qualifications and experience:
· Minimum 8 years of experience in service and product design (digital). Experience in physical product design us a plus.
· Tenure in APAC. On-the-ground employment experience in more than one market is desirable.
· Previous experience overseeing more junior team members.
· Proven experience of developing User Experience deliverables for a range of projects from discrete programmes of work through to large-scale ongoing platform projects
· Extensive proven knowledge of user-centred design methodologies and tools.
· Proven knowledge of user experience visualization and prototyping tools.
· Ability to define and employ user-centred methodology definition on small to large-scale projects.
· Ability to accurately provide timings for deliverables.
· Hands-on ability to visualise and document User Experience concepts and detailed specifications.
· Excellent written and oral client-facing communication skills with the ability to communicate user experience recommendations in a clear concise manner.
Stay Restless - Always strive for better to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Expect Remarkable - Go beyond the expected to create something worthy of remark. Accept nothing less.
Make Change - In everything you do, find a way to make a positive impact.
Do Good - Don’t talk about ideas that create progress. Make them. If something isn’t working, be the agent of change.
Be You - Bring all of yourself and make this place your own. In return, welcome all of others.