Senior Digital Designer (Visual UI)
Our Senior Designers are restless in their desire to do work that goes beyond the expected and is genuinely remarkable. They are tenacious problem solvers who always find a way, and are not afraid to stand up for what they passionately believe in.
They are key-players within project teams, are highly collaborative and enjoy working in close-knit groups of specialists striving towards a common goal. They set the visual design direction, establish brand frameworks, thrive in workshops and presentations and know how to work with clients to achieve the highest standards in their craft.
How they make things is key, and they believe in prototyping early in order to learn, develop ideas further, craft animation and micro interactions and work closely with developers to see their work through to its final realisation.
Who you are:
Proven in your area of expertise, you’ll be expected to champion design thinking, elevate the process of craft and be seen as a source of inspiration and knowledge within the wider design and experience community at AnalogFolk. You’ll work alongside a Design or Creative Director to lead creative work streams and be a part of shaping the approach as well as the end product.
You’ll be as curious and interested in the process of design as you are the craft and aesthetic. Exploring new ways of working, trialling new tooling and injecting current and future trends into everything you do. You’ll thrive in the culture of the design team, and see your role as an influential one to those around you and with similar passions as yours.
You’ll be comfortable making decisions, conscious of time and delivery constraints. Pragmatic and calm under pressure and you understand how you present your work is as important as the work itself.
What you'll do:
- Working seamlessly with a cross-functional team to create best in class user experiences
- Contribute to strategic thinking and understand how to create designs that can be measured against their objectives
- Can work at pace in agile sprint cycles and product development environments
- Create a range of design outputs from conceptual layouts / templates & components / development ready specs / design system assets
- Effectively manage you and your team’s time to achieve project milestones and deliverables
- Presenting your work to clients and colleagues, explaining your design process and rationale
- Able to effectively manage client / stakeholder requirements and priorities and collaborate with them as partners
- Having a keen interest in how people interact with digital products and interfaces and the brands they represent
- Knowledge and experience of testing your designs during a project, and understanding of how data is used to continuously improving products and services after launch
- Comfortable in pitch scenarios, working at pace, making decisions from the front and being a lead of a small team
- Knowing your way around complex design systems and how to utilise them in a way that brings value to our clients and development partners
Day to day responsibilities can include:
- Contribute to decision making by being the advocate for designBe the owner of the design language for this sector / platform
- Work alongside your cross-functional team to create best in class user experienceProactively working with other design teams - both at AnalogFolk and within the clients organisation.
- Creating development ready designs and also prototyping where valuable
- Ensuring alignment with existing design language and interaction patternsIdentifying opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience
- Presenting your work to external clients, explaining your design process and rationaleHelping define the design approach and project timingsEnsuring deliverables and deadlines are metWorking with the defined project tools such as Jira, monday.com, slack
Qualities and Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Agile frameworks - including scrums
- A solid understanding of common platform technology and what the art of the possible is
- 6+ years of experience as a visual designer (UI)
- Either agency background or a combination of agency and in-house experience
- A master of Figma, Sketch, PS, Keynote.
- Proficient with prototyping tools (Figma/Principle/Framer/Lottie)
How We Work:
We have evolved our ways of working over the last few years and believe that there are moments where we benefit from working in the office together and moments where we benefit from working remotely. We ask all Folk to opt-in and work from the office two days a week across Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
Click here to read more about our company North Star and our ambition to be an agency of change.
We welcome applications from all identities and walks of life. We can’t wait to hear from you!